No way! In recent years Pilates has become more accessible to Men with professional athletes singing its praises of how Pilates has transformed their body making it stronger and more flexible. In turn this has helped them to improve their posture and prevent injury. What hasn’t made Pilates accessible to men is the emphasis on pelvic floor, which women gravitate towards. Men you have a pelvic floor but Pilates is much more than strengthening this one group of muscles. It’s way more than that and Men you need it because it will benefit you in the following ways:
- Strengthen your core giving you support and stability to your back.
- Increase Flexibility and therefore mobility in your range of movements making it much easier to move, helping you feel less stiff and achy.
- Improve your posture by working on deeper, smaller stabilising muscles and therefore lessening your propensity to injury and discomfort.
- It can improve your fitness as it can be challenging, getting your heart rate up and making you sweat.
- Teaches you how to look after your body and align it helping to support you in your other activities such as weight lifting, your golf swing, running, cycling
- Prevention is better than cure – Pilates can help to maintain and condition your body to tackle your day ahead and prevent injuries from occurring. A prehab to your rehab!
- Helps you function better in your daily activities, on doing the bad habits that we inevitably fall into such as slumping working at a desk all day long.
Pilates is definitely for men and more men are starting to realise and see the benefits of this incredible Mind-Body practice that was developed by a man for men. Start your journey.
Leave A Comment